Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I haven't had time to finish watching "24" from this week yet, but I have to ask...why are they ruining my show by putting Ricky Schroder on it? Just because the show is chock full of the hotness that is Keifer Sutherland, they don't need to go gumming the whole hour up by putting The Ricker on it. My hope is that he will soon be either tortured or killed, but I read an interview with him that said it looked like he would be on for the rest of the season.

I'd like to thank my friend, Madeline, for giving me three boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, which I have consequently eaten at the approximate rate of a box per day. At the very least, an entire sleeve of Thin Mints per day. Damn you, Madeline!

One of my hockey teams has made it into the post season. We have a semi-final game tonight, and if we win, we go on to play a best of three series for the championship. Unfortunately, the team we would have to play in that series is the first place team that has lost hardly any games at all this season. We might be able to pull out one win, but a series win would be our own little miracle on ice. You never know, though. My team is sort of the little engine that could, and we ARE the reigning champs from last season.

Since it's Wally Wednesday, here's a photo of my boy from the weekend. As promised, since he's feeling better, I took him for a short hike up behind JPL. There's a nice stream up there he was able to tromp through. I'll tell you, there's nothing happier than a wet labrador! He got nice and filthy in the muck and received a much needed bath afterward. He is now much whiter and softer and my co-workers have stopped complaining about his smell.

The song for the day is "Mary's Prayer" by Danny Wilson off the bands 1987 album Meet Danny Wilson. The Scottish trio took their name from the 1952 Spencer Tracy film. They were definitely a one hit wonder, and would only ever release one other album before breaking up in 1991. This is a great song. I still love it every time I hear it.

6 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Wally looks very happy now that he's been given the ok by the vet to play again.

I agree with you on the whole Rick Schroder thing. I'm not loving his character on the show. But I'm not loving this season of 24 as much as previous ones. Its slllllooooww. What they need to do is bring Edgar back from the dead. Now that was a good character.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Great photo! trust me, I have co-workers who smell much worse than Wally . . .

good luck in the hockey playoffs!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

24: I'm not impressed at all with this season and may just quit watching altogether soon.

Wally: He looks so happy!

Girl Scout Cookies: Oh, I can never resist those delicious biscuits of mint-chocolate goodness!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Wait a minute... did you use the word "tromp"? Glad to see that Wally is getting back to his old self and if dogs can smile, then that is a smile on his face.

You know what they say... it's harder to stay at the top then to get to the top. Best of luck in the playoffs.

I'm new to 24, so it's still interesting to me. I just finished watching Season 1 and thought it was pretty good. Season 2 will be on my doorstep when I get home today, so we'll see what happens with Jack now that his wife has been murdered. Ohhhh... the suspense.

2:21 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The smile on Wally's face is something to behold.

The Ricker! He was briefly a classmate of my brother's during high school. Erik Menendez, too.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took you this long to eat all those cookies?
Ah, Wally, what a cutie!!!! Does that puppy EVER NOT have an eternal smile on his face?

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home