Saturday, March 10, 2007

Meet the ModBook, a modified Apple MacBook. It will be available this April from third-party Axiotron and Other World Computing. This tablet computer starts around $2200. It comes without keyboard or mouse. Instead, you use the included digital pen to enter text and control applications. I have zero use for this type of tablet computer, but I soooo want one because it is just too cool looking.

Today is a sad day. My neighbor is taking her dog to be put down this afternoon. Jersey is a super cute and lovable mutt who got her name from her coloring - she looks like a Jersey Cow. Jersey and her mom were the first people I met when I moved into my condo, and Jersey and Wally have been great play friends over the years. Jersey has been very loved over her 15 years, but we'll all miss her. My neighbor made a point of calling me last night so Wally and I could come out and say our last goodbyes to Jersey. It doesn't seem fair that dogs have such short lives compared to us humans, since they give us so much unconditional love.

The song for the day is "That's When I Think Of You" by Australian pop rockers 1927. The song comes from their 1989 album ...ish. I think I was turned onto these guys by one of my old Aussie pen pals, and I came to really love this album. I listened to it a lot back in the day. If you've never heard this song (and you probably haven't) you can check it out here:

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I had a great desk top 365 day calendar that had a quote about dogs every day - one I remember, but not who said it, was something like . . . the tragedy of dogs is that they live such short lives . . . but what would happen to me if my friend should live for 50 years and then leave me?

1:42 PM  
Blogger LA said...

For better or worse, I've never had to make that dreaded, excruciating appointment. All my pets have died suddenly. My thoughts are with your neighbor, and may Jersey rest in peace.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That is a computer is SICK!!!
I have no need for it either, but I wouldn't mind having it!

5:25 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ryan - seriously. It IS sick! I want to buy it just to take notes on. How sweet would that be?

6:49 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That computer is bitchin' cool. It's like it's from the future.

It's so hard to have to put down a pet. I hope your neighbour is doing as well as can be expected.

9:07 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:07 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Edit, anything that runs OS X is cool.

I feel for your friend and his furry friend.

A must ask question. Do you cut on a flatbed or digitally?

9:46 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Flix - I totally agree. Macs are cool. We don't edit on flatbeds anymore. In fact, I've never actually touched film. It's all done digitally now (Avid). I think Michael Kahn may be the only hold out.

10:02 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Wow. I am truly shocked. I thought you were going to say maybe 70% used digital. There must be hugh Moviola junkyards all around LA.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home