Monday, March 26, 2007

Last Friday, I went to AAA and got my International Driver’s Permit. I don’t have many plans which include driving while I’m out of the country this summer, but I wanted to have one just in case I decided I wanted to rent a car at some point while I was there. Getting the permit included having some passport photos taken, so I envisioned the permit as similar to a regular driver’s license – laminated with a photo and my signature. Completely not so. The permit was something I could have made on my home computer. It’s a page in a paper booklet with my photo stuck to it and a AAA stamp affixed. No lamination or anything. I’m not even convinced it will work if I need to drive a car, it seems so incredibly unofficial.

The cold I thought I had has turned into a bit of what I assume is bronchitis since I keep coughing, especially when I inhale deeply. Additionally, I now seem to have laryngitis, as I have almost completely lost my voice and can only talk in a quiet whisper. Don’t think the guys at work aren’t finding this amusing.

The song of the day is “True” by Spandau Ballet off their 1983 album of the same name. In the 80s, I always found myself bored by this song, though I came to appreciate it more in later years. I enjoyed it best when PM Dawn sampled it in their song “Set Adrift on Memory Bliss.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

The first time I went abroad and was planning on renting a car, I also got the International Driver's License, but never used it . . .

Spandau Ballet were pretty bland - one small step away from being elevator music, basically

11:12 AM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

A day late on the congrats...but that is awesome! I can't wait to tell the boys! Wish you could catch a rugby game, you would so want to play.

What side of the street do they drive on in Australia? Even if you don't use it, you'll still get to say that you have an International Drivers Liscense...it sounds impressive ;)

I still shudder (in a bad way) when I hear that song....

8:42 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Getting an international driver's licence sounds much easier than an actual drivers licence.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home