Sunday, March 25, 2007

Well, my underdog team managed to pull off winning the Championship game last night. We won 8-2 in the 2nd game of a best of two series, against a team that had only lost three games in the entire season. We came roaring out of the gate to score a goal within the first minute of the game, which set the pace for the rest of the period, which ended 3-0. In their defense, the other team was missing some of its key players, but they had enough of them left to put up a fight. Honestly, I was really surprised they didn't show better. I thought after we beat them the first game, they would come out fighting in this second game, kick our asses, and force a third game, but not so. The Red Menace Dynasty continues. Here's another photo a team mate took in the locker room after the game. This is a really good look for a girl, isn't it?

The song for today is "Get It On (Bang a Gong)" by The Power Station. The song came out in 1985 off the super group's self-titled debut album. This was the time when Duran Duran, on top of the world, decided to branch out. Andy and John Taylor formed The Power Station with Robert Palmer and drummer Tony Thompson while Nick, Simon and Roger went off to form Arcadia (gag). As a young teenager, I had never heard the original T-Rex version of this song when it was released, but once I did, I realized I liked The Power Station's version much better. It's got a great groove with Andy's great guitar playing and John's talented bass lines, but I think the real standout is Robert Palmer on vocals. All in all, a great song from an interesting time in music.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the championship. That must feel great.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

You could have sucked in at least one of the games, so I could come to the third, and deciding, game. Instead, I was at work until 11:00 p.m. thinking I would be watching Game 3 next week.

Really sorry to be missing out on meeting my next ex-wife today, but work calls... again. Be sure and give her my number, will you?

Congrats on the back-to-back titles. Remember, if you use three-peat on any hats or t-shirts, you have to give Pat Riley some money.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Congrats! And champion is a good look for any girl!

Power Station were cool in their day - but then Robert Palmer w/n tour with them to go do solo stuff, so they hired on Michael DesBarres as singer - not quite the same thing

1:45 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Congrats on the win. I would love to learn to play hockey, but I am such a klutz. i am sure I would slice a hand open just putting on the skates.

2:33 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Kings Fan - Don't worry. The future Ex-Mrs. Kings Fan wasn't at the party.

Diane - I had forgotten about the Michael DesBarres debacle. Thanks for reminding me.

3:55 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Hey, that's great you guys are the champions! Congratulations!

I loved Power Station, and I loved Robert Palmer. Great choice today. :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger --AA-- said...

Hey Congrats!!!

Wow...the little engine that could :).

Bask in the glory for another year.

--cheers
Amir

11:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Congrats on the hard-earned win, editthis.

I was a huge fan of Duran Duran (and their spin-offs) back in the 80s and was happy to learn that they recently reunited for a world tour.

KJC

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home