Saturday, March 24, 2007

The weekend really snuck up on me. It could have been because I worked at home on Monday, or because it was an unusually light week at work. Either way, I'm glad it's here. I slept way too long last night but thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm still trying to fight off this cold or whatever it is I have. It seems to be trying to settle in my chest, but my sinuses and throat are also sore. Considering my throat was already STILL sore from the tonsillectomy I had in December, it's an unusual feeling in there right now.

I actually had the time to call the Los Angeles Superior Court traffic ticket line yesterday and wait on hold (for about an hour) to be able to talk to someone about my ticket that seems to be lost in the system. The ticket says it can take up to 21 days to get in the system, but it's been a month now. I just want to pay for the damn thing and arrange traffic school for myself. So, after waiting on hold that long, I get someone on the phone who informs me it is WAY too early to find my ticket in the system and to wait another month. (!!) The ticket is due by April 27. I'd really like to NOT have to go to the courthouse. This is turning into a total drag.

The song of the day is "Who Do You Give Your Love To" by Michael Morales off his 1989 self-titled debut album. I thought this was a GREAT song when it came out, and it certainly has a great hook. Listen to this song and tell me it couldn't have been Rick Springfield. I'm actually surprised Morales didn't have more commercial success, but by 1989, music was transitioning out of this feel good pop rock and into grunge and alternative music.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Maybe sounds like Rick, but looks wise the singer and bass player could be Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons (sans make up, of course).

Hope you feel better soon - is the big game tonight???

12:30 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Yes, you definitely have to close your eyes to get the Rick Springfield thing.

Game 2 is tonight. If we win, we win the cup. If not, game 3 is next week.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

How did the game go????

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I am fighting a head cold! Super annyoing!
Hope your game went well.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home