Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The upside is my voice is coming back. The down side is that I sound like a speaker with a broken wire. It sort of comes in and out with no rhyme or reason. I put in a call to my doctor to see if he can just call in a prescription for an antibiotic or something. I swear to god, I am not generally a very sick person, but this has not been a good year for illness so far.

I turned my latest cut over to the producers yesterday and happily, they all liked the episode and found it funny. There are some inherent story problems that they want to work on, but other than that, they're happy, which is a good thing.

The song of the day is "The Living Years" by Mike & the Mechanics off their 1988 album of the same name. The band started out as a side project of Mike Rutherford of Genesis. The band also included former Squeeze member and vocalist Paul Carrack. This song was autobiographical for Rutherford, about the contentious relationship he had with his father which was never righted before his father's death. I was familiar with the band and already had the album when they released the first single "Silent Running," which I also liked. But when "The Living Years" was released, it was a gigantic hit for the band. I always thought they were sort of a one off band with this record, but was surprised to discover they've released a total of 7 albums.

9 Comments:

Blogger --AA-- said...

re: sickness...

Might have something to do with "revenge of the tonsils". :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Of course you would mention a band that included Paul Carrack.

I remember the last time you lost your voice... good times.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I've got to try to stay up past 10 pm to watch your show . . . sadly, or perhaps, pitifully, I don't watch many 10 p.m. time slot shows

1:48 PM  
Blogger NB said...

Are you doing all the editing by yourself?

BTW last week's episode-stellar,great job!

6:59 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - Can you say "Tivo"?

NB - Yes, I edit it by myself, but with input from the director, producers, network, etc.

7:51 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I was bummed your show wasn't on tonight. Sorry to hear about your throat.

Do you have your cell phone back yet?

11:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - I can say it, but I don't have one - in fact, my dvd player is broke so I am reduced to watching dvds on my computer . . . I know, I know

8:52 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la - I did get my phone back, but no, the Bluetooth problem still was not fixed. Don't get me started.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

When is your next episode going to air?
Sorry I have been so lame as of late commenting. School is getting in the way.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home