Thursday, July 12, 2007

I am a weak, weak person. I finally gave in today and bought myself an iPhone (sorry Flix). Does anyone win the pool?

I had the day off and went down to Old Town because I was bored and wanted to get out of the house. It's quite possible that I also wanted to go to the Apple Store there to get a closer look at the iPhone. It's like going to the pound and thinking you'll be able to get out of there without a dog. I'm porting my old number and it's not entirely active yet - I can make calls out on the iPhone, but still receive calls and messages on my old phone. (And by "old" phone, I mean the one that isn't even a year old yet). I guess sometimes we all do stupid things, and this is my stupid act for the year. At least I'm having fun playing with my new toy, so much so that I almost forgot to blog today. (Although, just so you know, I could actually blog FROM my phone if I wanted to).

The song of the day is "Everything But My Pride" by Cutting Crew off their 1989 album The Scattering. This album, the sophomore release for the band that followed up Broadcast (and "(I Just) Died In Your Arms") shows a more serious side to the band. The song is reportedly about singer Nick Van Eede who returned home from the road to find his wife gone, along with everything in his house. The only thing he had left was his wedding ring, which lead to the lyrics "You've already taken everything but my pride, everything but the ring on my finger..."

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I think I speak for us all when I thank you for working out the kinks now so the rest of us can iPhone hassle free somewhere down the line

9:18 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I had Wednesday the 11th. Damnit!

Yeah, what Diane said. Get those kinks worked out so that by the time v2 comes out and my current contract expires in April, we'll be set!

Post an iPhone photo on da blog so we can check out the quality!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Glad that you got yourself a new toy, but I don't think we should be subjected to hearing you complain when you have problems with it. Are you with me, readers?

10:17 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oooh, you must be very excited. Have people on the street stopped you so they can take a look at it?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Crap, I lost out on the pool by just one day!

I wanna see some iPhone pics in an iPhone written blog post sometime in the near future, please. If I can't buy the damn thing here in Canada until this Fall, then at least I can live vicariously through you.

KJC

PS: I watched your DVD, very cool short, nice editing, of course :-)

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home