Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today, in a special edition of Wally Wednesday, you will get not one but several photos. These are in response to the question about what sort of photos my iPhone takes, so here are some I've taken throughout the week:

Because Wally kept chewing on his hot spot, I had to take him to work last night to keep an eye on him. He was not happy to be locked in the edit bay with me and proceeded to crawl under my desk and mope.


When we got home at 1am, I was forced to put the cone on him. He was even more not pleased and turned his back to me. This is his equivalent of giving me the hand.


He then decided the better tactic would be to face me so I could see how sad he was. It didn't work. He had to sleep with it on.


My neighbor's bulldog, Stryder, playing tug of war with his favorite ball. Remember when he was a puppy? Now he's a big boy. Stryder is basically a couch potato and this is about as active as he gets, but he's damn cute. (Anyone else miss Tater Tot?)


And finally, my thumb. I just took this last night, so it's 4 days after the fact. I couldn't seem to get the camera close enough to get the details, but far enough away to get my thumb in focus. The coloring is about twice as dark as you see in the photo. Ouch!


I've spent all day making a full frontal attack on the fleas. First, Wally got bathed in special anti-itchy shampoo (twice) and then washed with an extra special non-itchy rinse. He is still chewing on himself and I'm getting my hands on a new inflatable collar for him that's supposed to be less intrusive, but still not allow him to chew himself. I then vacuumed and swept the house. I hate this type of cleaning - this is why I have a maid. I changed my own sheets (I haven't done that myself in probably 5 years), including the duvet cover. And right now I'd like to ask, how the fuck does my maid get the duvet back into the cover every week? Finally, I put down powder on all the carpets, scrubbed it in, waited over an hour, and then vacuumed again to get it out. I also sprayed around all the baseboards and over all the couches and chairs. If there's any fleas left, they've got to be some sort of nuclear mutants!

I recently got one of those 20 question e-mails and one of the questions to answer was "Rolling Stones or The Beatles?" Of course, for me, it has always been The Beatles. A friend who loves the Rolling Stones begged to differ, and we've gotten into a long running debate about the matter. I've never liked the Stones other than a couple of songs, but looking through their library on iTunes this afternoon, I realized a few things. The first is, I hate the Rolling Stones post 1980 - they have a lot of great music from before that. The second is, I like them a lot more when I don't have to watch Mick Jagger prancing around like an injured chicken while he's singing. This has been a long lead in to the song of the day, which is "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones off their 1968 album Let It Bleed. The first time I heard it was in the film The Big Chill. I've always enjoyed the lyrics and the message.

9 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh, poor Wally! He has such a good guilt trip face.

Your neighbour's dog is adorable and getting quite big. Are bulldogs just not active or is it just Stryder?

I hope the fleas have been demolished, never to return!

Finally, I'm a Stones person. The Beatles just never did it for me. "You Cant Always Get What You Want" is one of my all time favourites.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Those might be my favorite Wally photos ever . . . even if he is very, very sad, he is still very, very cute

Hope that took care of the flea problems . . .

Stones, baby, all the way. A couple of years ago I bought a greatest hits collection and nothing beats their early stuff. And let me tell you - I've seen them in concert a few times, and Mick is probably the best rock and roll showman working today - AARP, or no AARP

8:13 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. you might as well say sayonara to that thumb nail

8:15 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, Wally is a MASTER at sad face! Too cute! Yes, I miss Tater Tot.

Secondly, that thumb looks bad. I concur with Diane's prognosis - that nail is history.

Beatles girl here. That said, I do agree with your assessment of early Stones. My top 5 are Gimme Shelter, Sympathy for the Devil, Play with Fire, Paint it Black, and Angie.

8:35 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Did you see this? I hope he wins! Your former gig did well in the nominations this morning.

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series

Boston Legal • ABC • David E. Kelley Productions in association with Twentieth Century Fox Television
Christian Clemenson, Christian Clemenson as Jerry "Hands" Espenson

8:17 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Sounds like you're doing everything within your power to get rid of those pesky fleas. Hope it worked.

Yeah, that nail is a goner. I am gaving the same issue with a tone nail right now.

That's the look of disdain on Wally's face. An adorable face, but pissed off underneath.

Not much of a fan of either band, but if I had to choose one, it would be the Stones.

10:34 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Mishy - Yes, I believe all bulldogs are pretty sedentary. (Read: lazy)

Diane - I concur - waiting to see when the nail actually falls off.

La - I hadn't read that yet, but Christian sure deserves it. He won once before. I know the cast has a bunch of other noms, too.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Wally!! I am wondering why didn't you just bomb the place while you had him at work with you? Those flea bomb things work pretty well. I have two cats and a black lab and so far, knock on laptop, haven't had a problem. As for the Beatles vs. The stones.... ummm people compare them? How on earth is that possible? It's gotta be the Beatles. I saw the stones last year on the bigger bang tour- and of course I have seen Paul a few times. Jagger and Richards are amazing live. So much energy! Jen

8:32 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - My brother's lab recently picked up a little kennel cough and also has an ear infection, so they are keeping her quiet right now (no dog park, shorter walks) while she's on the mend. As a result, I guess she's doing sad face 24/7, and it's killing them.

Shat and Spader both got well-deserved noms, but I think everything Sopranos will win this year.

Sometime when you don't have anything to blog about, will you do a explain the difference between single- versus multi-camera shows? I understand the concept in general, but I guess I don't understand why (a show would film single camera). Is it simply budgetary?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home