Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Boy, working the night shift really messes with my schedule. I didn't wake up until after 10 today. Sigh. Well, if I had woken up any earlier, I would be dreadfully tired by 11pm tonight at work. I had a lunch meeting with a friend today. I thought I would wake up, go for a run, come home and shower before lunch. Didn't happen. Too tired. But, training has been going alright. I'm trying to run a few times a week. It's only a 5k run, so I know I can finish it even if I don't run between now and then, it's just a matter of how embarrassed I want to be by my results. And the fact that I'm determined to beat that kid, Mason, over the finish line.

My friend, Rob, is coming to visit for a few days. Rob is the oldest friend I still have. We became friends when we were 10-years-old, and at 36, I'm proud to say I've known him for a quarter of a century. He works in Seattle now as a web producer for Tribune's Fox and CW affiliates up there, so I guess we have both done alright for ourselves. Rob lived here for a year quite some time ago, so we're planning on hitting some of our old haunts in Burbank, and am thinking of taking both he and Wally to the dog beach on Friday afternoon. Here is a photo of us from when we were 18:

Notice Rob's awesome mini-stache and his awesome mesh shirt. Notice my spiked hair and mini-mullet. Oh, the 80s!

Speaking of photos, it's Wally Wednesday! Wally is not a big fan of barriers, such as doors. He doesn't necessarily need or want to be on the other side of the door, he just doesn't like being told he can't. I spend a good deal of the evening getting up and down to open and then close the front door for him, just to see him lay across the threshold. When I take him to work, I keep the door closed but not latched. I can't edit with the door open, but I want him to be able to come inside if he wants to. He never DOES want to come inside because he's afraid I'll lock him in the bay, but he's a big fan of nudging the door open just so he can make sure I'm still there. This is a very typical view from my desk:


The song of the day is "Town Called Malice" by The Jam off their 1982 album The Gift. I've always liked this song, but never knew who it was buy until I heard a kid at work playing it on his computer and stopped to ask. I'm not sure I know anything else by them, but the sound of this song reminds me of early music from The Truth. If you don't remember the song, here it is:

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I heart Wally! He always looks soooo sweet! That photo taken from the under your nose point of view may not be the most flattering ever taken of you . . .

The Jam are very, very cool!

4:19 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I agree on the photo, but it was the only one I had scanned at hand. Besides, that's not me. That's 18-year-old me. :)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looing for fashion shoes in size 11, I see were Paris Hilton is going into the shoe business...desinging shoes for those...you got it ...who wear size 11 shoes.

6:00 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That's a great song. I'll have to remember to download it.

Wally is a dog with personality. I like that. He's also very photogenic.

Hope you have fun with your friend!

6:32 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Wally's gonna love dog beach. He sure is a sweetie!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

That's you at 18? You still look like that, all fresh-fashed and bright eyed. What's your secret?

Oh, yeah. The mullet. I had one through the last half of the eighties. I looked just like Kiefer Sutherland from The Lost Boys -- only waaay prettier.

KJC

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home