Monday, September 10, 2007

My office refacing is almost done. I finished painting trim today and the carpeting is scheduled to be installed on Wednesday. I also went and bought the futon which I'll use to replace the tiny, uncomfortable hide-a-bed couch I have. The futon will be delivered Thursday, so in theory, everything will be back to normal on Friday. Hypothetically.

Love Polar Bears? Love Huskies? You'll love this story, too. A guy at work turned me onto this cool link. A guy was out near Hudson's Bay in the snow wanting to take a photo of his Husky, when along came a Polar Bear. He thought it would be the end of his dog, but something quite extraordinary happened. Click on the above link and play the movie to see the rest of the story.

The song of the day is "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" by Joe Jackson off his 1979 debut album Look Sharp! I'm surprised to see I've never used him for a song of the day before because I like several of his songs. I've always found this one to be particularly catchy, and whenever I hear it on the radio, I'm sure to be singing it over and over to myself for the rest of the day (much to the dismay of the people around me).

4 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Love that video with the Huskies and Polar bear! Makes me wonder if stuff like that happens all the time in the wild? I am sharing this with some friends :)

Couldn't have selected a better song of the day! One of my all time favorites ;)

I have been living in remodeling for a couple wee

6:16 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

I was saying, I have been living in remodeling world for close to three weeks. I envy you being able to put your room back together by Friday!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Great find on the polar bear!

as always excellent song.

i do a similar thing with songs.. but i do it with a whole bunch then mix up the lyrics to make one song. and then they gave me own office :-) brilliance!!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Great song choice - and I can't wait to see photos of the re-vamped office

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home