Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If you aren't yet, you should be watching Californication with David Duchovny. I blogged about it before when it first aired here. As the season has progressed, it continues to entertain as morally bankrupt protagonist Hank Moody plods through his troubled life in Los Angeles. Hank, a successful novelist who is in the middle of serious writers block, has recently taken a position as a paid blogger where he rants about things that bother him. In this episode, he becomes annoyed that his current girlfriend (if you can use that word for Hank) often uses the phrase "Lol." As in, when she finds something funny, she SAYS "Lol" instead of...well...actually laughing out loud. While on a radio interview (with guest star Henry Rollins), Hank goes on a rant about how the internet is making people dumber. I found it quite amusing. You can watch the video clip here. And is there something wrong with me if I think Hank Moody just might be the perfect man?

The song of the day is "Back on the Chain Gang" by the Pretenders off their 1983 album Learning to Crawl. The Pretenders are yet another band that I came to appreciate after the fact. I would never have been caught dead listening to them in 1983 when I could be listening to Def Leppard or Duran Duran. I heard this song on the radio on my way home last night and realized I'd come to like it. According to Wikipedia, the song was originally intended to be about Ray Davies, whom Chrissie Hynde had dated and had a child with, but the meaning of the song changed after the Pretenders' guitarist James Honeyman-Scott died in 1982 from a drug overdose at the age of 26.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I love Duchovny - I gotta figure out when this show is on

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home