Sunday, September 02, 2007

Yay! Today is my Friday. After working 40 hours in 4 days, I get a three day weekend. Three glorious days to...well...move furniture and paint and stuff. (I can't believe I'm complaining about 40 in 4 - I used to work so many more hours!) I tried to stay inside as much as possible today, which was easy, since I was working. Everytime I stepped outside so Wally could take a leak, I felt like I might melt into the pavement. A friend and I are supposed to meet for dinner around 7pm. We've planned to go to a place we like that has an outdoor patio so we can take our dogs. It's currently 105, and I doubt it will go down much in the next hour and a half. I have a feeling we won't be waiting for a table.

The song of the day is "Brick" by Ben Folds Five off their 1997 album Whatever and Ever Amen. This one came into my head today, since I seem to be on a string of story telling songs. When I first heard this, I wasn't listening too closely and it sounded like your typical love/breakup song. Then I realized it was about a teenage guy taking his girlfriend to get an abortion during Christmas break while her parents are out of town. Cool song, and a touching story. I'd also like to point out that should someone ever make a movie about Ben Folds, they should cast Rainn Wilson:

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Yep , it's been hot . . . so of course we had an earthquake which always come during heat waves . . . I tried to have a "beach" day and rode my bike and went to the beach today . . . sure, it sounds good, but I'm working Tuesday and Wednesday!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Excellent song.

I don't know how you all handle that kind of heat. Drink lots of water and be careful.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home