Friday, August 31, 2007

I've been stuck in the editing bay since 8am this morning with little time to anything other than work. I locked my first show since I've been back, and was reminded how much the network can manage to suck the life and creativity right out of a show. It's not just THIS network. It's every network. If you could see the original versions of things before it goes through the network, I guarantee you would enjoy television much, much more. So, I locked that show and started another. The office is closed on Monday, but since I'm freelance, I don't get paid for the holiday. If I don't want to lose a day of pay (I don't), I have to make up those 8 hours during the other 4 days of the week. I worked 10 hours yesterday, am working 12 today, and 10 tomorrow. My days off are now Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'll still end up with a three day weekend, which will hopefully be plenty of time to paint my office.

The song of the day is "Give a Little Bit" by the Goo Goo Dolls off their 2006 album Let Love In. I could have easily picked a handful of other songs by the band, but I heard this on the radio on my way home last night and remembered how much I like their version of this song. I liked the Fleetwood Mac version, of course, but the Goo Goo Dolls managed to cover a great song and make it new and fresh instead of ruining what was great about the original.

5 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

You are almost there, hang in.

Soon you will be a painting fool!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I was at home depot this morning hoping to get some paint for the unfinished wood patio furniture I bought for my front porch . . . love the cushions I found, but gave up getting paint since home depot was about 110 degrees inside

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Fleetwood mac do that song???
I like Supertramp's version much better. You should check out there stuff.

Jen

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their stuff I mean- OMG I teach grammar for God's sake!

5:12 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Oops - I meant Supertramp. I can't believe Diane didn't correct me!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home