Wednesday, October 03, 2007

How on earth do I constantly forget that it is Wally Wednesday? My wacky schedule doesn't help. This is what I woke up to earlier in the week:


I have to be honest...I'm fresh out of ideas for what to write today. Today is my only day off this week (I'm still making up for days off from when I went to Portland). My initial plan was to do absolutely nothing today, but then I got tired of looking at the jungle that is my front yard. I started with just trimming the out of control rose bushes down, but the next thing I knew, I was pulling weeds and running to OSH for weed killer. I'm hoping to kill the weeds for now, and then lay rock down so I don't have to deal with my dry ugly dirt.

This afternoon I went to check my e-mail to find a forwarded message from a friend of a friend of a friend who found some black lab puppies and needed to give them away. There was a whole thing about how they couldn't get a rescue to take them, so if no one takes them, they'll have to go to the pound. It even came with this very heart warming photo. Just as I was looking at Wally and trying to decide how he would react to having another dog permanently in the picture, and whether or not I wanted to go to the trouble of raising another dog, I got another e-mail saying it was a hoax. WTF is wrong with people?

The song of the day is "I Shall Believe" by Cheryl Crow off her 1993 debut album Tuesday Night Music Club. I first heard this song on the show Roswell and have enjoyed listening to it on the soundtrack disc. It was never released as a single but is a really great song. I wanted to post a video but could only find lame fan videos on YouTube (who has that much time??).

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Tuesday Night Music Club was the soundtrack for my 14th year on this planet. Oh the memories. I LOVE "I Shall Believe." Good choice!!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have a friend who works with rescue groups too, and the dogs they never have trouble finding homes for are Labs and Goldens . . . I've forwarded those types of emails to her too.

let's see some photos of the garden!

7:41 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I got that same puppy hoax today.

You wake up next to a very handsome boy every day, edit!

4:38 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ryan - Yeah, it is a GREAT song!

Diane - I'll show photos once it doesn't look horrid any longer.

la - Yes, I do. Look at his big cuddly paws! :)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home