Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I saw this knife holder in the kitchen on a show I was working on last night and decided I absolutely HAD to have one. As it turns out, if you Google "stabbed man knife holder," it takes you right to this page where you can order one for $69.99. Then I realized that I have more knives than will fit in this guy. Maybe I'll have a little army of stabbed men marching down my countertop.

I hope everyone here is watching Dexter this season. If you aren't, shame on you! It is so good! For those of you who loved it last season, you'll love it just as much this season. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't watched the season opener yet, but for those of you who did, didn't you just gasp at the end? I think Dexter's in for a hard, hard season.

It was another beautiful day here in Southern California, which really made me wish I did not have to come in to work tonight. There are so many other things I could be doing that wouldn't involve sitting in a cold, windowless room for 8 hours. Even Wally didn't want to come to work today and ran away when I tried to put him in the car.

The song of the day is "Don't Fight It" by Kenny Loggins and Steve Perry of Loggins' 1982 album High Adventure. Remember back in the 80s when everyone seemed to be doing a duet with everyone else? It always seemed so contrived. I don't really listen to pop music anymore - do people still do that? Is Justin Timberlake out doing a duet with whoever? More to the point, what the hell ever happened to Kenny Loggins. He used to be the soundtrack star of the 80s..."Footloose," "Danger Zone," etc. Things just don't stay the same do, they?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Cool idea about the stabbed man knife holder. My only question - can you get it to look like an ex-wife?

Sunny days in October? Must be the start of hockey season!

That was (and still is) a great song. I happened to be going through my CDs and noticed I didn't have anything by Kenny Loggins. Guess I going to have to put it on my list.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah Dexter... that was something.
Kenny Loggins did some kids cds. Mainly standards Pooh Corner. I have a couple and Jo used to listen to them to fall asleep. I loved his old stuff- Loggins and Messina. (Pre- footloose/top gun)
I should get my own blog.. jen

8:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

LOVE Dexter! My old roomie used to drag me with her to Kenny Loggins concerts. (This is like 1980) He has some good stuff, but the 20 minute sing-a-long encore of Celebrate me home always had me looking for a sharp object to put myself out of my misery

Plus the drugs and alcohol were usually wearing off by then

10:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Believe it or not, Kenny's on the county fair circuit. His drummer is a boy I know and hotter than hell.

11:40 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Kings fan - I think you could tape boobs to the knife holder and be good to go.

Jen - You SHOULD start a blog. It would have been more interesting when you were in high school, though!

Diane - I would definitely need some serious narcotics to get through something like that.

And...

LA - I absolutely believe Loggins is on the fair circuit. That's pretty much right where he belongs.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I need to rent Season 1 of Dexter. I have heard nothing but positive reviews from a varied cross section of people.

I just bought the Reba Duets CD, which dropped last week, and she does a duet with Justin Timberlake. Go figure. Actually, it isn't that bad at all. She duets with the likes of LeAnn Rimes, Kelly Clarkson, Carole King, Don Henley, Trisha Yearwood, etc.

12:12 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm going home this weekend and that means I finally get to pick up my Dexter DVD that I won.

I can't slam Kenny Loggins. Any guy that can inspire Kevin Bacon to move like Ren with the Footloose song is alright in my books.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home