Monday, October 01, 2007

I've talked on a couple previous occasions about the blind Pit Bull pup my friend is fostering, little lovable Ray Charles. Ray is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met, and if I had a bigger house with a yard, I would take him in a heartbeat. As it turns out, Ray is not completely blind. He is blind in one eye, but the other eye has some vision that is being diminished by "doggie eyelids" that are oversized. (You know...that other lid that dogs have). The upside is he can have surgery to regain more vision in that one eye. The downside is that surgeries cost money, and Ray is, after all, basically an orphan. Karma Rescue, the organization taking care of him, is trying to help raise money for his surgery plus additional funds for things like eyedrops which Ray will need for the rest of his life. Karma is hoping to defray some of the costs of owning Ray so he is more likely to be adopted. I know we get asked all the time to donate to one cause or another, and all our friends (including me) seem to be running for the cure to something. But if you have something extra to spare, help Ray out if you can. You can go to THIS LINK to donate funds.

The song of the day is "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley. I've found that the older and more recorded the artist is, the harder it is to figure out exactly when and on what album a particular song was originally released. I don't feel like reading through the exhaustive article on the King at Wikipedia, so if anyone knows when this song came out, let me know.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor doggie.... I wish I could. Keeping me going here with all the things my kid is raising money for. Soccer should be cheap right???
Did you catch Dexter last night????? You HAVE to watch it. The end just had me saying holy *&^%
lazy jen

4:36 PM  
Blogger ile said...

Aw poor puppy! :(

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

My actor friend (and future Black Tower co-star), Cliff Simon, is the celebrity spokesperson
for Karma Rescue. I'll post Ray's story on my blog and on Cliff's fan club website, to help get the word out.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

What a very cute dog! Karma Rescue seems like a great organization!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home