Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I woke up with a nasty headache this morning. There's nothing better than opening your eyes for the first time in the morning and finding that you're in pain. I usually get bad headaches of the stress variety, but I think this may have been more of a migraine because I got some nice nausea to go along with it. I got out of bed long enough to grab some aspirin, then went back to bed and didn't wake up until almost noon. As soon as I sat upright, I knew the headache had not gone away. When I worked on big union shows, calling in sick was something you that was only really acceptable if you were on your death bed. But with the job I have now, you're more than welcome to call in as long as you make the day up, so I took tonight off and will make it up tomorrow. I slept a good part of the afternoon and now Wally is awake and ancy and ready to go out for some fetch.

The song of the day is "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews off his 1996 album Crash. This is the speed of Matthews that I like, nice and ballady. His faster stuff is a little too speedy for me. I still have this song in regular rotation on my iPod. Have you ever noticed how crazed DMB fans can be? A co-worker has seen him in concert over a 100 times all over the world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Hope you're feeling better - I don't get migraines, but my sinus headaches put me down for the count

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the picture representing your headache.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I happened to have a bad sinus headache on Monday. Never had them until I hit my 40s. Wassupwitdat? Hope you're feeling better.

Can't imagine seeing any band that much. I think I've seen The B-52s 10 times, which is the most I've seen anyone. Going to see them for the third time in five months next Friday. Hey, they're coming out with a new CD and they play six of the songs in their set. FYI - they sound awesome!

11:20 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I get migraines (although almost never since I've reached 40), and they SUCKKKKK! I sincerely hope you're better.

To me, choosing anything by DMB today while you're experiencing tremendous pain seems totally appropriate because that's exactly the affect they have on me.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home