Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The day is nearly over and I just realized I haven't blogged yet today. Probably because I don't have much to say, other than that the Kings fulfilled my bad day last night when they fell to the Edmonton Oilers in a shootout. Matthieu Garon was in goal for the Oilers, a former King who never did us any good. But last night, he stood on his head and stopped some amazing shots on goal, then shut out the Kings during the shootout. It's annoying when you let a crappy player go and they perform better somewhere else. As KingsFan commented yesterday, if had played like that for us, we never would have let him go.

A friend at work (who is my exact height) just upgraded to a new snowboard/bindings package over the weekend, and has offered to give me a great deal on her old board. This is great, since I've been wanting to get a board but don't want to spend $400 on one before I figure out if I actually like snowboarding that much. I've been looking online and boots and helmets and such. I had no idea snowboard boots cost as much as f-ing hockey skates! I'm on a mission to find a decent pair that isn't too expensive, since the one thing I DON'T want to buy used is boots. Who wants to put their feet in someone else's smelly boots?

When I went to work yesterday morning, it was cold out. The temps were in the low 40s. This morning, it was super cold in my bedroom and I didn't want to get out of bed, but when I finally took Wally outside, I found nice, warm weather. In fact, it was 80 when I was driving around in the afternoon running errands. What the hell?

4 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Its still 80 where you are? How cold does it get in the winter in southern California?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

It was 41 degrees yesterday morning here . . . with Samantha wearing her sweater, and me wearing a sweater and cap, only Hanna maintained an air of dignity

8:36 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Mishy - Our weather is crazy right now, 80s by night, 40s by day. This afternoon, I was enjoying the sun, and 2 minutes later, the fog rolled in and you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.

In the dead of winter, it's usually in the 50s during the day, but still 40s at night. It rarely gets much colder than that.

6:36 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I've had it get down into the low 30s here in the foothills in the winter. Sometimes you can see the snowline in the hills.

And I think you meant 80s by NIGHT.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home