Sunday, December 02, 2007

I was reading Bean's Blog (now known as Strongly Worded Letter) the other day and he was talking about how much more he likes Coke than Pepsi (which he referred to as Devil's Pee - pretty appropriate). I grew up with Pepsi in the house, but when I got older I acquired a taste for Diet Coke and now I don't really enjoy any other sodas, other than the occasional Root Beer. In fact, I have never drank coffee, and for most of my adult life, I have woken up with a can of Diet Coke to get me going. Believe me, you do NOT want to see me in the morning if I can't find a Diet Coke anywhere!

Another friend who also reads Bean's Blog was telling me how the best tasting Diet Coke is the one with lemon in it. I wholeheartedly disagree - I like pure, classic Diet Coke. We had an e-mail exchange that was quite lengthy, especially considering the subject matter. It seems like people are really die hard about the type of soda they drink. I once worked with a guy who would ONLY drink diet Mountain Dew Red and was always sending our PA's out to get more.

So what's YOUR poison? Diet Coke? Pepsi? RC Cola? Tab? ( Can you believe they still make Tab?)

9 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Hmmm, which one do I like (as I tap my forehead in thought)? Let me see... I heard that the Diet Coke w/Lemon was pretty tasty. It would be cool if they brought that back. The one with Lime just doesn't do it for me. Might have to get back to you on that.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be a die hard Diet Coke fan, but now I drink many diet drinks. I do like Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Diet Minute Maid (mmmm), and whatever I am in the mood for. Nothing beats a latte' to get me going, though!

4:37 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

That was me...Netrunner!

4:37 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I could tell by the Latte comment!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have never been one for coffee. Funny how I grew up with coke and now I am a pepsi person. It is and always has been dew for me though- now it is diet and I do also like the diet code red dew- which for some reason I can't get unless I cross the border into Oregpn or special order. So I mainly drink plain ole diet dew. What is up with the cost of a 12 pack these days.. sheesh. Jen

7:30 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I don't really drink colas anymore, but when I did, I preferred Pepsi to Coke (diet on both accounts). My favorite sodas are 7-Up and Henry Weinhardt's Orange Cream soda, the latter of which is divine.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I prefer diet pepsi to diet coke, but will drink either, and God knows I would never not go to a restaurant becasue they served Coke products rather than Pepsi products. And besides Diet Cherry Pepsi, I think most of the colas with a flavor, ie, vanilla, are quite foul

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Well, let's see...for dark colas, I prefer Pepsi over Coke -- but I will take A&W Rootbeer (yummy!)instead of either of those, if it's available.

When it comes to light/clear sodas, I'm a big fan of Sprite, but will always take apple or pear flavoured beverages instead of Sprite, if it's available.

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of carbonated beverages, and might have 6 to 10 per year. It's tea that gets my motor running in the morning, with coffee in second place.

KJC (who is on her eighth cup of tea as she writes this)

10:19 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I hate fizzy drinks. Give me coffee or tea or iced tea any day. But if forced, I like clear fizzy over dark pop.

I had a friend who would boycott Pepsi restaurants. It was a little insane and very annoying.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home