Friday, December 07, 2007

Fridays are always hard. Since I only had one day off this week (Thursday) and worked the night shift the night before, I slept until 11am yesterday. After running some errands, it was already dark, and before I knew it I needed to be in bed. The problem was I hadn't even been up for 12 hours so I couldn't fall asleep. Which made it hard to wake up this morning. Which made it harder to be alert and functional at work today. I just got home and think I need to take a nap, because I have a hockey game later tonight. At least most of the Jews were off the road tonight, resulting in an easier commute. (I think...it's Hanukah, right? Usually no traffic = Jewish holiday).

Seen in the headlines today and yesterday:

Kiefer Sutherland starts jail term

Ray Liotta pleads no contest to reckless driving
Vivica Fox spared jail time in DUI case
Warrant issued for Daniel Baldwin

I've seen more over the past week, but I forgot to write them down. Remember when there was only ONE badboy of Hollywood at a time? Now it seems like everyone with a television or film contract is driving drunk, beating people up, and doing stupid things in general. And not just crappy wanna-be celebs like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. People with some amount of talent. Well, I'm speaking of Kiefer and Ray, clearly. What the hell is up with Hollywood and the DUI? (And doesn't Kiefer take a nice mug shot?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I woke up at 2 am last night and my mind was racing with work stuff - out of desperation - at 3 am I took a couple Excedrin PMs so that at 6 am when Hanna came to get me out of bed I was still in a drugged stupor . . . I'm going to bed early tonight

Doesn't 48 days for Kiefer seem a tad severe? I know it was his second DUI but there are violent criminals and celebutards getting off alot easier

8:41 PM  
Blogger LA said...

My theory is that there were always lots of "Hollywood bad boys" engaging in bad behavior. The difference now is the internet, more paparazzi, every person on the street armed with a camera phone, etc. That is to say, the difference is access. Bad behavior is easily exposed now.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - I agree - and there is no studio system to protect them either. I'm not sure we are in a better place now . . .

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home