Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It finally happened. I sat down in front of the tv this morning to eat breakfast, click on the "Now Playing" list on my Tivo...and it was empty. I'd think it was June if I didn't know Christmas is just around the corner. I can only assume this is the result of the writers' strike taking its toll on my primetime lineup. That and the fact that Weeds and Calfornication are done for the season and Tuesday nights look thinner than they used to. Thank god for television on DVD. For some reason, I recently have no energy or attention span to watch a full length film on DVD, so TV on DVD is the perfect solution to my newfound ADD. Right now, I'm burning through Season 1 of Dead Like Me. For those of you who didn't see it before its cancellation in 2004, here's the low down. Georgia Lass (George) is an 18-year-0ld disenchanted youth in Seattle. While leaving the crappy temp job she's just been fired from, she is hit by a burning toilet seat from the MIR space station. It hits her like a bomb and her short life ends. Due to complicated circumstances, George now becomes reaper, one of the undead who snatches souls from the soon to die so they can move onto the afterlife. It's a dark, interesting show quite unlike most of what is seen on television these days. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend renting a season on DVD.

It's Wally Wednesday! When the little guy is at work and I can't find him, I know someone somewhere must have food. Wally does what I refer to as passive-aggressive begging. He doesn't beg in the traditional sense, whine, or try to get at your food. Instead, he looks at you sadly with those big brown eyes and is such a good boy you can't resist giving him something off your plate. One of my co-workers snapped this photo over the weekend while he was eating lunch and Wally came to visit:

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I've watched some of Dead Like Me on Watch it Now on Netflix

Hanna's one area of decent training is that she has to lie down while anyone is eating, knowing she will likely get a bite at the end.

Sam, on the other hand, is a horrible beggar, and she starts to panic as the sandwich or pizza(!) gets smaller and she worries she might not get a bite. She also begs by sneezing - go figure

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

It's funny, because I was going to mention to you that my TiVo was empty (except for this past season of The Shield).

I'm guessing that face only works on food. If I tried it with a woman, I'm sure it would have the opposite effect.

6:14 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Ruby gives sad eyes when you're not playing ball with her. She'll drop a toy at your feet and look at you like that. It's pretty irresistable. For the record, I'd give Wally food.

Diane - Samantha sneezes? That's hysterical!

Flight of the Conchords season one is next in my Netflix queue, just as soon as I watch and return Superbad.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - it's pretty cute - it's this polite little sneeze apparently to remind you she is still there and willing to share in your snack

8:38 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wally sneezes when he gets excited. Don't get too close to him...it's not pleasant to get that in the face.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I loved Dead Like Me. I wish it had gone on for another season or two.

How can you resist those puppy dog eyes. "Feeeeed me, Seymour!"

KJC

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home