Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Damnit, damnit, damnit!! I went out to the mail box today to discover I've been summoned for jury duty in January. I've only been called one other time and I never had to report. I guess I should count myself lucky since I know people who seem to get called every other year. I have to admit, it is my goal in life to never, ever have to serve on a jury. Since I don't get paid when I don't work, being on jury would be a major financial drag for me, even if it was only for 3-4 days. Here's to hoping I don't end up having to serve.

I have the day off and have spent the majority of it running around trying to get things taken care of before I leave town next week. I went to REI to get a gift for someone and ended up buying myself a new pair of shoes. Happy Christmas to me! I had to buy some last minute presents, do laundry, clean the house, play with the dog, get ready for snowboarding tomorrow, etc. I'm still trying to catch a kickboxing class tonight before heading off to the work holiday party.

When I finally managed to make my way through traffic last night and got home, it was pouring rain out. Wally was all too happy to go out and play in it. I stood outside in a rain jacket for 20 minutes throwing the ball for him, and he kept running after it, tail wagging, big happy look on his face. Half an hour later he wanted to go out AGAIN! He seemed to happy I finally obliged. Now he's nice and soft from being out in the rain. This isn't the greatest photo (since I no longer have a real camera), but you can still see his smile.


If anyone wants to get me something for Christmas, please make it a new A button for my laptop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I can pop the A button off my computer, but it probably won't fit.

A wet Wally is a happy Wally.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wally! I had my dogs out last night too - Hanna loves it, and Samantha was more tolerant of it than usual . . .

I'll trade you an "A" for a left "shift" button . . .

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home