Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's only Tuesday but everyone at work, including me, seems more than ready for the winter hiatus. (Also known as the industry standard mandatory two week layoff, fuck you, you're not getting paid for this holiday). Friday is the last day this place will be open until Jan. 7. I'll be working Fri-Sun to finish out my odd week, have Christmas parties to go to on Wed. and Sun., Christmas shopping that still needs to be finished (it really snuck up on me this year), and snowboarding on Thursday. I'm then catching a plane to go home on Christmas Eve. I'm sure LAX won't be busy AT ALL on that day! Although I'm super sleepy I'm going to try to go to kickboxing tonight, even though I probably won't be able to throw a punch with my left hand due to the sprained thumb. I plan to tape it down on Thursday when I go boarding so I don't hurt it again. None of this seems particularly smart, does it? But it feels like all I've done for the last couple of weeks is sit on my ass at work or sleep and I need to get out and do something.

I read today that this actress has joined the cast of an upcoming Indie film to also star Madmen's John Hamm. According to the article, "She plays the wife of a small-town police chief (Hamm) determined to discover the truth behind the mummified remains of a boy who was murdered a half-century earlier." While the film already doesn't sound that appealing to me (and how many more indie horror films do we really need?), I am sure that she will ruin it, just like she ruined the 2nd season of Nip/Tuck for me. Although she's apparently really British, her accent reminds me of the fake or exaggerated type used on soap operas, and it's a shame she'll be sharing the screen with the exceptional Hamm. Perhaps I'm just prejudiced because Wally once received a deep puncture wound bite in his neck from a certain actresses sketchy rescue dog, and he hasn't been as playful with other dogs ever since. I'm just saying. (And yes, she was apologetic, but still...)

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Hey - poor Wally - did the wench, err, actress at least pay for the vet bills?

Sounds like you have a pretty good break planned . . .

4:27 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - You know what this means, don't you? You are now ONE DEGREE from Jon Hamm!!

(p.s. the bitch owes ya.)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Y'know, I had a feeling while I was reading this post that you had a distaste for the actress on a personal level. I was right, eh?

Don't mess with Tiff and Wally!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I do remember you telling me how much you didn't like her. I also read that Mad Men has been renewed for next season and Damages just signed a new two-year deal.

(Just trying to get caught up on your posts afer spending five days in NYC with no internet - by choice.)

12:30 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane, no she did not. Although, when she asked if he was ok and apologized, I hadn't taken him yet. And after, I didn't think it would be good for my job to pursue it.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home