Monday, December 17, 2007

This morning on my way to work, for the second time in a week, I saw what appeared to be a pair of flesh colored testicles hanging from the back of the truck in front of me. I remembered to look it up on the internet, and as it turns out, that's exactly what they were. Previuously, you had bogus bullet holes to put on your car. Now, you can just give it it's own set of balls. If your SUV is feeling a little emasculated, perhaps by the Hummer that just drove by, you can buy a pair at Truck Nutz for $8.99. You can get them in numerous colors, including chromed, as well as a lit pair, just in time for the holidays. Please tell me this is only a fad, because I'm now even more concerned with the decline of civilization.

We're having a blood drive at work today. There's a big truck from USC out in the parking lot. The last couple of times there have been blood drives in my vicinity, I'd been tattooed within the previous 12 months making me ineligible for donation. This time I went out, filled out the paperwork and gave a small blood sample so they could test my iron level. It needs to be 38% to donate. 28% is anemic. Mine was at 34% - not anemic, but a good chance that I would pass out if I donated. I still got a free $5 Starbucks card and a USC Blood Donor t-shirt for my attempt.

8 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Me thinks a description of your various tattoos is called for. You wouldn't pass out, but you should go get some iron pills at the pharmacy.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always low on iron.... truck balls.. yes I have seen them. Pretty disgusting I guess it is for the men that are really overcompensating. I have a friend who thinks his are really large. He shut up about it once I said anything looks large next to something small. which is worse silhouette of a naked woman in chrome or a set of balls... waiting to see the real pig with balls hanging between his naked woman mudflaps. Obviously they must be lonely as I can't think of a woman in her right mind who would ride in such a vehicle. jen
Did you watch dexter??

6:44 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - I thought I'd answered this before in a previous post? I have a small tribal thunderbird (the totem animal, not the car) on my left ankle. I have the Chinese character which denotes my grandfather's family name on the base of my neck.

Jen - Yes, Dexter was great! I can't believe I have to wait another year. Grr...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - very cool! does the thunderbird have special significance to you (the significance is obvious with the chinese character)

Dexter was great!!!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Every truck needs a ballsack, right? Great link, you should share it with Bean.

I give blood at the hospital which employs me. For every two donations, we get an extra vacation day. Plus, they are usually passing out some kind of extra goodies like movie tickets or free pints from Baskin Robbins.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw some of those balls hanging from a truck yesterday and had a similar thought about the decline of civilization.
I chuckled the first time I saw them and now I am just waiting for my daughter to go "hey mom, what's on that truck?"

8:35 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I've never seen those ball sacks around here, thank goodness. I don't think kids should be exposed to that while riding down the street on their bikes, or walking to school.

Nice tatts, Tiff. I thought about getting a tattoo but they're too permanent. I change my hair colour like I change my mind. I like to switch things up a lot, and seeing the same tattoo on the same spot day after day would get old real fast.

KJC (who has an iron count of 13%)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I'd put a set of balls on my car, but my ex-wife ripped those off me years ago.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home