Friday, April 11, 2008

Hey, everyone! Happy Friday! Unless it's not your Friday. Like me - it's my Monday, so it's sort of sucked. But for everyone else, enjoy your weekend!!

I watched a movie on DVD yesterday. I hadn't done that in awhile. It's a movie I remember seeing promos for and being interested in, but I don't remember hearing much buzz about it while it was out in the theaters. It's called August Rush, and if you like warm fuzzy movies, you should see it, especially if you enjoy a good soundtrack. August Rush tells the story of young Evan Taylor, an orphan, who desperately wants to find his birth parents. (Taylor is played by Freddie Highmore, who you may recognize from both Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Golden Compass). He hears music in everything in the world, and he feels if he could just play music, somehow his parents would hear it and come find him. Thus begins his journey away from the Home for Boys where he lives and out into the wilds of New York City where he meets Wizard (Robin Williams), a lifelong street musician. Wizard discovers Evan's musical prodigy abilities and sees dollar signs, giving Evan his new name of August Rush. The film also starts Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I honestly found myself enjoying the movie more than I thought I would and highly recommend it.

Tonight: Game 1 in a best of 3 series for the Women's League Championship
Tomorrow: The final game of the Co-Ed Division Championship

2 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

A guy I know scored that film. I actually haven't seen it yet, but it's coming up in my queue.

Happy Friday.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I really enjoyed the movie, but found the wizard a bit creepy and the whole rob williams dressing like bono was a bit odd. Highmore really learned to play guitar, piano and conduct for the movie- that I think is a rather big deal. Speaking of bono have you seen across the universe?

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home