Saturday, May 31, 2008

I believe I've mentioned a couple of times already how unbalanced and off the women's hockey league is this season. We're sort of in the middle. There are two teams that can completely demolish us every time, one that is sort of even, and two more teams that WE can demolish every time. So, not so much fun. A game with a big score differential is not usually a fun one. We're in 4th place of 6. Last night, we played the team that is in first place with 5 wins, no losses. Somehow, we kept the game close. In fact, at one point, there was a 3-1 lead in our favor, but then they scored 3 unanswered goals to go up 4-3 in the 3rd. We tied it with 3 minutes left in regulation and went into a 5 minute sudden death overtime. If no one scores at the end of the 5 minutes, the game is ended in a tie with each team earning 1 point. Well, it's never happened to me before, but I scored the game winning goal with :14 left in OT. Also, I had 4 goals, a personal best. For the first time this season, it was a really good game. And not just because we won or because I scored so many goals, but because it was competitive. Also, congratulations to our rookie, TC, who in her 3rd game EVER IN HER LIFE scored her first goal last night.

Since the game didn't start until 11:15 last night, I slept late, then had a make up work day today. I got a ton of stuff done, then ran some errands in the evening. I'm finally home after 11, and it's time to watch Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals from earlier in the night (TiVo). I've been avoiding any mention of the game all day. La la la la la! Time to go watch and see how the Penguins did.

1 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I don't know much about hockey, but that's great for your rookie to score a goal so young in her career.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home