Sunday, June 22, 2008

I bought a new flat screen stand/media console at Crate and Barrel while my family was in town and finally had a chance to pick it up today. As with all furniture, it seems, I had to assemble it myself. My first task, though, was to get the giant box from my garage up to my living room. I probably should have borrowed a hand truck or asked for help, but I was too impatient to wait for either of those things. The box must have been around 100 lbs and over 5 feet long, 3 feet wide, 1 foot deep. It took me about 20-30 minutes with quite a few breaks, but somehow, I managed to get the box up my stairs to my living room. Assembling the thing turned out to be the easy part (much easier than getting it up the stairs). The next challenge was moving all my consoles from my old stand to the new one, and running all the cables through the little holes in the back of the unit. I finally have everything together and up and am glad not to have my Blu Ray player sitting on the floor covered in Wally hair. The down side is that my back is killing me, even after a heating pad and a hot bath. Maybe it will get tweaked when I play hockey tonight and will feel better. (Come on! It could happen!)

Once I got the TV back up and running, I watched another DVD (I'm losing count for the weekend). This one was Jumper with Hayden Christensen. Once you accept that Christensen is just a horrible actor, you actually may enjoy this film as I did. It's a nice little action flick about a guy who can jump through space and land wherever he wants, anywhere on the planet. The visual effects were sort of cool to watch, and though the story is sort of predictable, I was still entertained. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a television spin off yet, because the plot sort of lends itself to that. Either that or a long run of straight to video DVDs that don't include Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Samuel L. Jackson or any of the other actors that helped make this movie watchable.

2 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

That cabinet is beautiful! My knees would give out if I even tried to get that thing out of my car.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Word of advice - this is why it's important to be friends with your neighbors - so they can help you bring stuff into your house.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home