Monday, June 23, 2008

Now that I've got my new TV console assembled and in use, I've noticed something. It doesn't match my coffee table. Or my end table. I may have to buy matching ones. This happened before when I had my carpet ripped out and wood flooring put in - it made it glaringly obvious that the cabinets all had to be refaced. Once that was done, CLEARLY the counter tops needed to be replaced, too (I'm still working on that one). I've also been thinking about getting a new bed, but I also want to go from a King to a Queen which means new mattresses AND new sheets. And obviously, my drawers won't match and neither will the walls. This is why I should never buy new things.

I logged into Facebook this morning to see that one of my friends' updates read "Eric is trying to figure out what to say to a 6 year old that enjoys touching his weiner!?" Eric is an old friend from elementary school who is apparently having problems with his 6-year-0ld and his weiner (obviously). Not weird problems, just the normal kind in which the kid is discovering his body and doesn't know what's socially acceptable yet. Eric told me he's trying to figure out how to have this discussion with his son without making him feel guilty about it and thus turning him into a sexually repressed adult. I've added this ordeal to my long list of reasons not to have children. Dogs are so much better. Wally plays with his weiner all the time, in public, and no one cares.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Why does a dog lick his weiner? Because he can.

8:05 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Why does a woman rub her eyes first thing in the morning? Because she doesn't have any balls to scratch.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home