Monday, August 18, 2008

In seven years of hockey, barring any catastrophes (and there haven't been any major ones), I have a pretty basic three steps that I accomplish on game night:

1. Play hockey
2. Eat pancakes
3. Go home

After only a few games of soccer with a leg injury that seems to recur every time I step onto the pitch, these are the steps I go through on game night for that sport:

1. Play soccer
2. Limp gingerly off the field to my car
3. Go home
4. Clean and bandage cuts from falling on the turf
5. Ice leg in front of the TV for 30 minutes
6. Take a hot bath and be reminded that I am no longer a teenager.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Just another reason why hockey is awesome and soccer blows.

Did you say "pitch"? Don't you mean "mostly dirt with patches of grass"?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

LMAO!
Ok I was reading this and my kid comes over looks at the laptop and says with a certain amount of disrespect 'You took a picture of your leg?' To which I say no- that's not my leg...... all I can say is I too played soccer last night and yes I have a turf burn- I had blood running down into my shinguards and we played with zero subs. (indoor) I may just take a pic to put on my blog.....lol

10:02 AM  
Blogger LA said...

All I can say is it only gets worse in your 40s.

12:13 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

In my experience, it has little or nothing to do with age. I played some soccer this summer and was eaten alive. I learned that contact sports are not my thing.

That looks painful.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home