Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wow, did I wake up sore this morning. Between the stiffness in my right thigh from the old injury, the new stiffness in my left knee from that nasty abrasion, and the giant bruise on my ass from falling on it during hockey over the weekend, it was a long, sore walk down the stairway. I made a mental note that if I do happen to find a new house to buy, it had better be single storied.

I watched Lions for Lambs this evening, Robert Redford's film about the war in Iraq. I like Redford but I have to say this film just sort of laid there for me. Tom Cruise didn't have to stretch himself far to play self-serving, arrogant Senator Jasper Irving. The character sounded just like Cruise, but rambled on and on about the war rather than Scientology. It wasn't a horrible movie, but I think I'll continue my Tom Cruise boycott, which only got a momentary stay because of Redford.

3 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm keeping the boycott going until he releases my Katie Holmes from her life of captivity and she can go back to being my lovable Joey Potter again. I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Feel better!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Since tom's cameo in tropic thunder is uncredited, I feel like I can pay to see it.

6:16 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Better make sure any new house has a soaking tub, too.

It should be easy to boycott Cruise in the future. He's jinxed now, and he's making fewer and fewer films, thank Xenu.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home