Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good evening and welcome to Wally Wednesday! About a week ago, I was working in my office when I heard a loud ruckus coming from downstairs. I called out for the dogs to stop whatever it was they were doing, but they ignored me. I peeked down the stairway to see what was going on and this is what I saw. It went on for about an hour, by the way - non-stop.



I went to the Kings game last night and got to experience the new Ice Girls for the first time. Up until now, whenever there was a break on the ice, two kids aged between about 12-17 would skate out with snow shovels and clean up the goalie creases and the area right in front of the player benches. Now, as often as possible, 6 nearly identical girls in tight pants and half shirts (on ice, mind you) skate out with shovels and go to town on the ice, like a group of anorexic little elves, their hair all straight, long, and a matching color of blond that exists no where else in nature. The person with me, Kings Fan, pointed out how much more the girls were getting done than the way it used to be done. I pointed out that it seemed to have been working just fine for the past 80 years or however long they've had those kids cleaning up the ice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I like how at one point, wally looks over to see if he knocked anything off the table

7:30 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

When I see Wally stop to check that everything is still in it's place, it makes me think of Bobby Brady saying, "Mom always said don't play ball in the house". He's like the good kid who feels like he's getting away with something, but is cautious not to leave any evidence.

Ice Girls = Best. Idea. Ever.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home