Thursday, October 16, 2008

I got an e-mail from a very old friend this morning. Jennifer and I have been friends since we were about 13 years old, and she now teaches at a Catholic school back in our hometown. If you had known Jennifer like I did back in the day, you would find this pretty funny. At any rate, here is her e-mail:

"I know you will laugh at the first few sentences cause it will strike you as a great irony in life.

I was teaching a religion lesson and the teacher guide explained that Jesus taught us about God- even though we did not know God, Jesus did and told people about him. It went on to direct us to tell the class about a friend of ours. So...

Now all my students know about my friend, Tiffany. They know that Tiffany lives in LA. and that we have been friends since middle school. They know what you do for a living, that you play hockey and soccer and have two dogs - they know the names of your dogs and that you have a blog. They also know about Wally Wednesday. So we do calendar every day- you know what day is it today? Cause the kids are learning days of the week and all that- so it has officially become in my classroom WALLY WEDNESDAY! Wally has 24 fans that are 6-7 year old who actually ask me if you have up any new, funny wally photos! I showed them a couple once- they also think Gracie is very cute. What is even funnier is they remember so much about you. They raise their hands to say, "Tiffany has a dog named wally and on Wednesday she puts up photos of him and sometimes Gracie is there too!" What is even better is they were reading a story about a puppy that was chewing things- and started talking about Gracie eating through your cable and blinds and what not. Part of reading comprehension is connecting things they read to real life.

Anyway, Ithought you'd get a kick out of it. One of the little boys in my class thinks Wally is the bomb and some of the girls really like watching HH on HGTV. It is great. They think they know you. Because I told them about you the way Jesus told people about God.... LOL. I guess the lesson worked.

You (and Wally) are celebs....

jen"

5 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

That is totally awesome! You, Wally and Gracie are a part of the lives of 24 kids. I guess you are their new internet friends. Nice.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

what do you mean if you knew me when?? LOL yeah I know you find the whole me in a catholic school thing hilarious.

wally wednesday better be good....

9:05 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

What an awesome letter, being a star to a classroom of kids is very cool!

9:40 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I love that Wally has an audience!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Nice email. :-)

I watched HH 3 to 4 times a day on HGTV Canada. Love that show -- and Wally Wednesdays!

KJC

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home