Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Is this the gayest bumper sticker you've ever seen? I would say it might not be, had I seen a 19 year old girl get out of the Jetta, but I saw the full grown man who got out.

I went to the Kings game last night. One of my teams had a bunch of free tickets from the league, so some of us were sitting together up in the nosebleeds. In fact, this was our view of the ice:I'm pretty sure it was the Kings playing, even though I could barely see them from the quality tickets the league gave us (I don't think I've ever had to actually lean DOWN to see a hockey game before) but hey - they were free.

As for the game, it was GREAT! The Kings have not had the greatest season so far, so it was hard to expect anything. The game was tied at 2-2 going into the 3rd, and I just assumed that the best case scenario would be a shoot-out, which we would likely lose. But the Kings perservered, kept their lead, and Dustin Brown scored a third goal on a Power play with 3:10 left in the game. With less than two minutes left, the Sharks pulled their goalie, but the Kings fought hard to get it out of the zone, and scored an open net goal to win the game 4-2. This was only the 4th win for the Kings in the last 17 outings. Frolov let in scoring with two goals. Visnovski had a goal and an assist.

Before I do the song of the day, I'd like to plug a new album. I bought 5 different CDs last week since I hadn't bought any in awhile, and by far, the most enjoyable one for me was the new Snow Patrol called "Eyes Open." If you listen to any contemporary station, you've undoubtedly heard their hit off the album "Chasing Cars." If you like that song, you will enjoy the entire album. This is the first album in awhile where I like pretty much every track on it, and every song doesn't sound exactly the same. My favorite is track 7 "Make This Go On Forever." I could listen to that song over and over again (and have). It's a great night driving album, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has similar music tastes to mine.

As for the song of the day, I'll have to go by memory since the iPod is at home. I guess it's more than time to do a Huey Lewis and the News song, so I'll pick "Heart and Soul." The song is off the Sports LP from 1984, and is one of the better pop/rock songs from the decade. Certainly one of the most memorable. If you like rock and roll at all, you would agree with me that Sports is one of the best albums of the genre from the entire decade. Not only is it one of the first albums I bought with my very own money, but Sports was also the very first concert I went to when I was 13 years old. I loved the video and loved the song. It was a time when people could have top 10 records without looking like Justin Timberlake, because you have to admit, all the guys from the News sort of look like they could have been golf buddies with your dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

You touched on two things that I really enjoy in this post - the LA Kings and Huey Lewis & the News. You thought I was going to say singing in my car. Sorry I missed out on the game because a Kings win means it was a good day. Not too keen on the Snow Patrol CD, but I will give it another listen to and try and see if I'm missing out on something.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home