Monday, November 13, 2006

This morning was like Christmas - no traffic. I wonder what Jewish holiday it is?

If you read my blog on Saturday, you would have read about a group of Chinese living an in tiny 10x10 apartments. For those of you living in 2,000 sq. ft. houses, that might seem a little clausterphobic. But some people feel comfortable in small places. I used to know a guy who had spent a lot of time in prison, and even clean and sober and out in the real world, he felt uncomfortable in a home any bigger than an 8X10 room.

If you're like my friend (even if you haven't been to prison) and you feel more comfortable in small places, maybe you should consider buying a Tumbleweed home. You could live in a place like this 60 sq. ft. home. The interior is similar to a trailer, with a tuck away table, but unfortunately, this model has no bathroom. Tumbleweed's offers many different models of houses, up to 500 sq. ft. homes which actually sport both a bathroom AND kitchen.

For those of you interested in QUALITY web surfing, my friend, Rob, turned me onto the BlueDot site. The best way I can explain it is a referral site for other web sights. You know how you find a cool site on the web and want to share it with your friends, so you copy and paste the URL into an e-mail and then send it out? You don't have to do that anymore. After making a free account on the service, you "dot" web sites as you surf them (if you find them interesting), comment on them, and with the click of a button, can share the links with your circle of friends, or everyone on the BlueDot community. It's a little more productive than just surfing around aimlessly on your own, and I've found some interesting pages through the service. If you're interested in joining, go to their web site, sign up, and start dotting. Or if you happen to be a friend of mine, let me know, and I'll invite you into my network.

The song for today is "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. This was one of the first big hits from the former Genesis leader and drummer who had headed out on his own. The song came off Collins' debut album "Face Value," and became even more popular a couple of years later when it was featured on Miami Vice. I always loved the dark feeling of this song, and who doesn't remember the big drum beats? I like to think of this as the period of time when Phil Collins still had balls, before he started writing songs for Disney animated films. I hope they paid him a lot of money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I'm sure the Disney folks forked over a pretty penny (or several billion) to get the talents of Phil Collins. If you're a big Genesis fan, look up the song "Paperlate", which I consider one of the best songs of all-time. As a friend, I would like to be connected to this BlueDot thing. What do I need to do?

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home