Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Los Angeles Kings this week named former player and fan favorite Luc Robitaille to an Executive Position within the organization. According to the press release, Robitaille will be "Assistant to the Governor and Alternate Governor for the Kings." If you're like me, and that title means absolutely nothing to you, the release also explained that Robitaille's duties will primarily focus on the Kings business operations and player/community relations. I miss seeing Robitaille on the ice, and am glad they found a place for him within the organization. He was such a favorite with the fans, I'm sure he will do well in his new position in regards to community relations. His jersey will be retired in a ceremony at a Kings game in January.

I've been collecting some interesting links this past week and thought I would pass some on to you. First is this interesting video. I don't quite know how to explain it without you watching it. It's a guy playing the drums. AND the piano. Who doesn't know how to play either instrument but has composed this song through video editing. Watch it, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Have you ever heard of dice stacking? I hadn't, until I saw this video on the web. It seems to be a type of party trick. When I first watched that video, I thought it might be a trick done with video editing, until I searched YouTube and found several other similar videos.

I have nothing else to comment on today, except that this seems to be the longest week EVER in the history of mankind. And next week, which will be a short one because of Thanksgiving, will be just as long. I'm looking forward to having a deep fried turkey at my neighbor's house.

The song for today is "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung. This song came out in 1984 off the Points On A Curve album, two years before the Mosaic LP was released with "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" - the song that would make them famous. While I enjoyed their later songs, including "To Live And Die In L.A." (from the movie soundtrack), I always preferred this first taste of the band - a great simplistic sound and a good rocking feeling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Yeah, not really sure what Lucky Luc is supposed to be doing for the Kings, but maybe he can come out of retirement and score a couple of power play goals.

"Dance Hall Days" is a great song and a quickly forgotten one by Wang Chung, whose original name was spelled Huang Chung (in case you didn't know).

How about some Sparks anytime soon? Maybe "I Predict" or "All You Ever Thing About is Sex", or even "Cool Places" with the lovely Jane Wiedlin?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Luc always seemed to be a class guy - nice to see the Kings acknowledge that. Is Dave Taylor still with the organization? I know he was fired or demoted last year . . .

p.s. I have seen Life on Mars and like it alot - BBC America is a mainstay for me

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home