Sunday, December 17, 2006

I was chatting with my good friend Rob online last night about what I could and couldn’t eat, and he was suggesting soft foods for me. He made a suggestion that hadn’t even crossed my mind, but now I’m totally jonesing for it – KFC mashed potatoes. I know where I’m going as soon as they open up for the day!

I spent most of my Saturday watching DVDs. I’ve been watching movies on DVD, but have mostly run out. I went to pull out Season 1 of The Office, only to discover I had loaned it out and never gotten it back. I ended up watching most of Season 1 of Roswell.

I love me the Roswell. I’m not exactly in their target audience, but I got hooked on that show. It was a guilty pleasure. I never got to watch it when it was on the air, but one year, the show I was working on got cancelled before Halloween, and I was out of work for 5 months. During that time, the Sci-Fi channel started repeats of the entire show, a new episode daily, and I got to watch the whole series from beginning to end in 3 months.

I'm lucky in that one of my best friend's husband's works for the company who produced these DVDs, and he gave me all three seasons for free. I've been itching for the opportunity to reexperience the show all over again, and now I finally have the time.

The song for today is “Welcome To The Boomtown” by David and David. The song came from their 1986 album Boomtown, which as it turns out, is the only album the band ever released. If you haven’t heard this song, you really should look it up. I heard it on the radio the other day and it’s really held up well, and after just reading the album reviews on Amazon.com, I think I may actually get out and buy the whole CD.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

For some reason, we seem to be on the same food wavelength these days . . . part of dinner tonight is mashed potatoes - Country Crock pre-made garlic mashed potatoes - they are really good! And Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream for dessert

p.s. ok, I won't mention that we are also having steak . . .

1:20 PM  
Blogger sage said...

KFC mash potatoes? I'm so sorry for you and hope you will mend quickly! Could you try Applesbees mashpotatoes or make your own? May your healing be speedy!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

OK, this is starting to get depressing. If I have to, I'm going to stop off at Rubio's, get you some food and force you to eat it.

If you're looking for some good DVD watching, I'll bring by the first four seasons of The Shield, which is the best show on TV. Just say the word...

Never heard of David and David, but if they sucked, then surely it would have been something to choose from at Tower Records. Been to a few recently and they have a wide selected of crap I hope nobody has ever heard of.

FYI - I had Rubio's chicken nachos today.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home