Saturday, December 16, 2006

When I drove home from my doctor’s office in Century City yesterday, I decided to go all the way down Santa Monica Blvd. I usually go down Olympic, but I couldn’t turn in that direction, so I just went with it. I can’t remember the last time I drove through West Hollywood. Also, I never noticed how many good places there are to eat on that street in that area of town. This could, of course, be due to the fact that I haven’t been able to eat anything solid for days now, and will not get to eat somewhat normally for another two weeks. So every place I saw, I was drooling.

I also forgot about the area of Santa Monica near Cole where all the small theatres are at. I’ve seen live productions at those theatres before. These are places where, if you’re sitting in the front row, you quite literally have to lean back sometimes so you won’t get accidentally elbowed in the head by one of the actors.

Speaking of all the foods I can’t eat, I’m now compiling a list of things I want to eat as soon as I can. It’s funny…certain mundane things sound really good because I simply CAN’T eat them right now. A grilled cheese sandwich, for example. Other things high on my list are pizza (of course), a chicken quesedilla from Rubios (also of course), a bacon cheese burger, French fries, an everything bagel, a bowl of cheerios…wow, am I hungry! Jello is just not cutting it. Although, I was able to eat my first non-cold meal today (cream of chicken soup) and it was the best soup I think I’ve had in forever.

The song for today is “Higher Love” by Steve Winwood. It comes from his 1986 album Back In The Highlife. Before his solo career, Winwood had played with with many other musical acts (like the Spencer Davis Group and Traffic, not to mention Blind Faith with Eric Clapton). Not that I knew anything about that when I was in junior high and this album came out. In fact, I didn’t even realize it was the same guy who had hit the charts with “While You See A Chance” some 5 years before. But “Higher Love” was a great song, with a great percussive back beat. Not to mention that at the time, Steve Winwood was pretty easy on the eyes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

grilled cheese must be in the air - I just got back from the market and bought fixings for grilled cheese sandwiches and some soup . . . the rainy almost weather screams out for warm comfort foods . . .

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home