Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Yesterday was officially my 50th blog post, and I had a record of 22 unique visitors to this site, including a high of 16 return visitors! That's way more people than just my mom and dad, so if you come to the site often, especially if you're not a direct friend, let me know who you are, where you're from, and how you found the blog.

I realized last night that you can actually watch the Kings play ON TV (I usually just go to the game if I want to watch), so I tuned in to see them lose to Calgary at the Staples Center. Goalie, Cloutier, was just coming off the IR and let in two goals right away in the 1st period, giving the Kings a deficit they would never overcome. This loss came despite the two goals scored by young NHL newcomer Anze Kopitar. I tell you, with every game I watch, I see Kopitar repeatedly in the right place at the right time. I think he’s one of the guys to watch in the NHL right now.

Speaking of hockey, I have another film to recommend. It’s a documentary called The Chiefs. Remember the team with the same name in the movie Slapshot? This documentary is about the actual Chiefs, a minor league team outside Montreal. The film follows the season of 5 players as they live at the rink and get in first fight after fist fight, most of them known for being thugs. It’s an interesting look at hockey, and some players who are in their 30s, much too old to ever make it to the NHL, who just can’t let go of that hockey bug.

Once again, it’s Wally Wednesday. For our Christmas card this year, I wanted to get a photo of him chewing up one of my hockey gloves (which he has done before), and caption it along the lines of, “Santa, Wait! This isn’t what it looks like!” One pair of used gloves, half a jar of peanut butter, and about 100 photos later, I got the shot that I put on my card. Here are some that DIDN’T make the card this year.





The song for today is "Always Something There To Remind Me" by Naked Eyes. I used to really like this song, until I heard it about a gazillion times. For once, this isn't the only hit Naked Eyes had, but it's arguably their most popular. It was also a pretty classic music video, which you can see here. This song, a cover, was released on their 1983 self-titled album. I'm going to assume the LP is probably out of print and hard to get in its original form, as it was nearly impossible for me to even find the correct album art on the internet. I can't remember who did the original version of the song, though I want to say the Supremes. I once heard this was one of the most covered songs ever recorded.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Wally! great pics - and you have lovely floors! I used to be a huge Kings fan - had season seats for 10 years, but I still haven't regained interest from the lockout - Satan Bettman needs to be left on an ice floe somewhere . . . but I hear good things about Kopitar. I found your blog from Bean's and Ken Levine's

7:51 AM  
Blogger LA said...

What Diane said, I love your floors! Sweet pix of Wally, I especially like the fourth one.

I found you when you posted on my blog.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Wally pics!
I'm officially a fan of Da Blog!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

The floors remain nice and shiny because of Wally. Don't you just spill some food when you're eating and he's right there to shine, I mean, clean it up?

Going to add The Chiefs to my Netflix, as well as American Movie.

C'mon now, let's be more creative with your song of the day. How about more obsure 80s alternative music? You claim to be an 80s music geek - so geek it up!

11:59 AM  
Blogger wcdixon said...

Swell blog - great music references and yes, Chiefs and especially American Movie are great docs.

Cheers.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you via my friend Will Dixon's blog (that's Will, right above me). I'm a Canadian TV writer/producer.

I like your blog. I'll be back.

KJC

http://www.showbizprgirl.blogspot.com

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home