Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday at last. I look forward to a blissfully long sleep tonight and awakening without an alarm tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm getting a chest cold, so I think I'll just try to stay at home and chill as much as I can. Other than the championship hockey game.

I was thinking as I drove in this morning about how much I'd like to get a new television. You would think, considering what I do for a living, that I would have a nice, big, flat screen plasma HD TV at home, but I don't. I have a decent television that is about 32" (or as my friend, John, would describe it, horribly small). It really doesn't bother me, and it works fine. The thing about buying a new HD television is that it's not just the cost of the TV. You have to buy a new HD satellite system, etc. I'm just not up for it. And to be honest, right now, I don't see the point. I totally get HD, but I don't think that the clarity of the picture is going to make anything I watch that much better. I like to watch things to enjoy the story being told, and HD won't change the directing, the acting, and certainly not the script. I'd rather spend the 5 grand on traveling.

The song for the day is "One Simple Thing" from The Stabilizers off their first and only album, Tyranny, released in 1986. The Stabilizers, a guitar/synth duo, came from Pennsylvania and charted with this song. The video was directed by David Fincher, who would go on to direct Se7en and Fight Club.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Every one seems to be catching a bug - for me it was a 4 day sinus headache this week . . . my best tv is a 27 inch Mitsubishi . . . I have looked a bit into a plasmas flat screen HDTV ever since I watched a football game in hi def - it was pretty amazing. The prices now are getting into the range I can justify spending, but for me, there are just too many choices to make, so I keep delaying . . . I think it may be worth it for sports and movies, but I can't honestly say I think it would make a difference for network tv

Good luck with the game!

10:41 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I am glad I am not the only one that's not buying into the flat screen craze. The detail is amazing, but the prices are not. Especially if you are looking at true high-def.

But eventually the prices will drop even more.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home