Thursday, March 22, 2007

We found out yesterday that our show has officially been picked up by the network for another season. This is very good news. And while they still haven’t made a decision about working over hiatus due to the pending writer’s strike, I did find out that the tentative schedule regarding that still doesn’t have us back to work until June 6. This is only 6 days before I get back from Australia, and additionally, I wouldn’t be the first editor on and would still likely have a week off before returning to work. So it looks like my trip down under is a definite thing, if the schedule stays as it is now. It’s no guarantee, but I feel better about the whole situation.

Some of you may remember the traffic ticket I received almost a month ago. I've been trying to take care of it online, but every time I've checked it, the ticket hasn't been in the system yet. A message always comes up reminding me that it can take up to 21 days for it to get entered into the system. I realized last night that it's been well over three weeks, so I tried to call the court line and discovered that they can find no ticket under my citation number or my drivers license number. I'll now have to find time during the day to call and speak to a real person to take care of it. Although I have to admit, part of me wanted to just forget about it and assume it was lost and would never get into the system. Then I had a picture in my head of getting pulled over in two years for something and the officer finding an open bench warrant on my license. No, thank you.

The song for today is "Radioactive" by super group The Firm. The band was made up of former Bad Company singer Paul Rogers, ex-Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, and other musicians, including former Uriah Heep drummer Chris Slade. They released their self-titled debut album in 1985, and this song ultimately reached #28 on the U.S. charts. I enjoyed this song, but found the band to be rather lack luster otherwise.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

good news about the show and your trip! and yes, better to take care of the ticket - "I thought it got lost in the system" won't work down the road . . .

I was a huge Bad Co fan, and I still think Paul Rodgers is a great rock singer, but the Firm? kinda blah . . .

10:41 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I was a huge Zep fan and a big Bad Co fan. I saw The Firm live, and they were pretty boring.

I'm really happy the show was picked up again! When approximately does hiatus start?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I thought Hiatus lasted longer than that. I thought you guys usually went back to work in July. Is that just the actors?

Do you have any interaction with the actors? Just curious. Cause I would seriously tackle Mark Valley if I had the chance.

4:24 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Ryan, you'll have to push my 72-year-old mother out of the way first. She has arthritis, so it won't be that hard, just sayin'.

4:52 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe your ticket has been lost forever. That would be awesome.

Congrats on your show being picked up!

5:18 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la and Ryan - Hiatus starts at the beginning or May (roughly). We DO usually come back later in the year (end of July). The June start date would be to address the potential strike.

5:37 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Also - yes, I do see the cast, but I don't often interact with them. I'll send Mark Valley all your love. (Lust?)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

LA - Your Mom would be an easy mark, arthritis or no arthritis, woman would be down. I would apologize though, I am not that black hearter.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Is this a good time for me to remind ryan that Keen Eddie, starring Mark Valley, is out on dvd?

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home