Thursday, March 15, 2007

My hockey team really IS the little engine that could. We only had 10 skaters last night, which is just enough people for you not to kill yourself from having to skate too much. We found out just 2 hours before our game that our guys involved in the altercation last week all got game suspensions. So, short three of our best players, and a little short handed, we started the game. The first period was tied 0-0. We finally scored in the 2nd, and then their goalie just fell apart. We scored a total of 4 goals in the 2nd period, then three more in the 3rd, winning with a score of 7-1 (they got one goal in with less than a minute left). On the upside - hey, we're in the finals! On the downside, the team we're playing in the finals is horribly ringered up. It'll be a challenge to pull off another championship. Anyone in the area interested in watching a horribly slow, non-checking hockey game, show up at the Toyota Sports Center at 8:15 pm this Saturday to cheer us on.

I have the luxury of working from home today, so I'm here in my own office with Wally laying on the couch behind me. I have to admit, without commuting this morning, I really miss hearing Kevin and Bean. Not Psycho Mike (that moron), but the rest of the show. If only something could happen to him where he would no longer be on the air. If anyone wants to volunteer for that, go take him out. I'm just sayin'.

The song of the day is another one that I absolutely can not believe I haven't used yet, but Blogger says I haven't. It's "(I Ran) So Far Away" by Flock of Seagulls off their 1982 self-titled LP. What song says the 80s more than this one? Aah...the hair, the keyboards...when they look up 80s music on Wikipedia in 50 years, there will be a photo of these guys.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I hope Wally is snoring to really make you feel at home! It's great to work from home - I did that on Monday . . .

Congratulations on the big win!!!! How often were you doing line changes with the reduced bench?

And you are dead on with the Flock of Seagulls . . .

9:51 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - That team is pretty good with line changes. We were at about a minute and a half.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

They shoot, they score! Congrats on making it to the finals, editthis. Hope you win against those "horribly ringered up" bastards.

KJC (who ran so far away, she couldn't get away)

2:58 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - Where do you stand on the Armenian Comedian?

5:05 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - I really, REALLY can not stand him.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home