Thursday, September 06, 2007

I was sitting at home last night watching "All That Jazz" on DVD when my phone rang. It was my neighbor, Kathryn, wanting me to come babysit for Sofie for a few minutes while she ran out. I figured it must be some sort of emergency. Sofie isn't yet 3, and I don't know the first thing about kids, so why else would she need ME to babysit? "I HAVE to have rice krispy treats with chocolate on them and I HAVE to go buy the ingredients to make them RIGHT NOW!" Did I mention Kathryn is pregnant again? Sofie was sleeping so I didn't have to do anything. That's really the only way I should ever get to watch someone's kid - if they're asleep or unconscious.

A bright spot in my day - Steve Jobs apologizes for the iPhone price drop to the consumers who paid full price for the phone. He's offering $100 Apple Store cards to us. At least it's something (although it's not $200 in cash, which is what he SHOULD be offering us). I'm thinking of buying some Apple stock because it's dropped so much since the announcement the other day. I know it will eventually go back up.

I mentioned before about the Gay Games hockey tournament happening in Colorado over the past weekend, and the confusing use of straight players in the tourney. A couple of friends of mine went, Jeff and Dean (not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that). They had a great time on their team, called appropriately "IMRU," and came back with goody bags from the tournament. Not surprisingly, the swag bags included a tube of personal lubricant.

The song of the day is "Tempted" by Squeeze off their 1981 album East Side Story. It's hard to imagine that this single didn't even break the Top 40 in the U.S. or the U.K., since it's arguably one of the most recognizable Squeeze songs. The song was remixed and re-released in 1993 for the movie Reality Bites.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that's what they looked like. Great picture. mmmmm. It was satisfying though. However, I used dark chocolate and ended up wired and awake until 1am. Bummer.
Thanks again. That was like, REALLY important!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol@ you babysitting. Wow!
Good news from apple.I guessthere was no need to email you. I heard tempted this morning and I always sing along. Love that and Black Coffee in Bed...... the first line is such a hook!
Jen

9:45 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Lube... ::SMIRK::

butt of course

11:37 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Great song. It's very catchy and often stays in my head for a few days.

I would consider rice krispy treats with chocolate on them to be a full blown emergency!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

IMRU is an awesome team name! Great song choice today too. Yeah, I don't get alot of calls to baby sit either

9:37 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I just checked out the iPhone for the first time in person. I understand now why you caved.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home