Monday, December 10, 2007

Michael Vick, the former NFL player asshole who admitted to killing at least 8 dogs while involved in an illegal dogfighting ring, has been sentenced to 23 months in prison for his offenses. In my opinion, it's not nearly enough time, but at least he's doing SOME time behind bars for his odious acts. I think they should just leave him in a big pen with 100 very hungry dogs.

It's been a rather slow day today. I slept late knowing I have to work until 1am, but I slept REALLY late and didn't get out of bed until around noon. It will be hard to flip my schedule around for an 8am start time on Friday. In the meantime, it's my Thursday and I'm battling with footage on a show at work. I'll be looking forward to my first two consecutive days off in a month when I head to Big Bear Wednesday to snowboard with a friend who has an investment property there. I'll get to try out my "new" 5 year old board bought off a co-worker for $100 last week. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hockey on the brain. Vick is an NFL playa...

6:16 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Like you said, 23 months is not nearly enough for what he did, but at least he didn't walk away with a slap on the wrist (I was a little worried he'd get a suspended sentence or something like that).

I hear it's been snowing in Arrowhead since Friday, so you're probably going to have a great time snowboarding in Big Bear!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I get tired of hearing folks say that he just made a mistake . . . running a brutal enterprise for 4 years hardly qualifies as A mistake. And for all his talk about learning from his mistake, his sentence was enhanced because he has failed a drug test and repeatedly lied to the Feds - all this since his guilty plea.

I'm also sick of hearing how this conduct is acceptable behavior in parts of the South. Last time I looked the South lost the war and had to stay a part of the Union. Those of us above or west of the Mason-Dixon line expect them to join the 21st century.

The good news is that he has had to pay nearly a million dollars into an escrow account to fund the care of the 50 plus dogs removed from his property

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home