Monday, June 02, 2008

Holy cow - I'm sitting here watching Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Detroit Red Wings are up 3-1 in the series, which means if they win this game, they win the cup. The Pittsburgh Penguins came out strong and at one point led the game 2-0. Near the end of the 3rd period, Detroit was up 3-2 and it looked certain they were about to win the cup. With less than a minute left in regulation time, the Penguins scored to tie the game 3-3. It's now 9:30 pm - 12:30 am on the East Coast where the game is being played - and the game is about to go into the 3rd sudden death overtime period. This is like playing two full games back to back for the teams. Everyone looks tired. I can't wait to see who ends up winning! And by that, I mean I really hope it's not Detroit.

***Update - The Penguins Petr Sykora scored the game winning goal to push the series to a 6th game at 9:57 into the 3rd OT. Woo-hoo!

Wally got a package in the mail today. I was just as surprised as you (and him). As it turns out, it was a gift from his grandmother. She got him this cool new Life Is Good ball and some really yummy looking colorful doggie treats. Needless to say, someone has been enjoying quite a few extra treats this evening. Thanks grandma!

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I should have kept watching the 3rd OT! (I only caught a bit of it . . .)

Good for the Pens

and lucky boy Wally!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL I was watching the game and thought of calling you! I hope for wally wednesday we get a pic of him smiling or doing what Brewster does when she is happy. I call it the happy dog dance.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Wow! What a game! I wish I would have watched it now!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I wished I could have seen all of the game, too. I set my TiVo to record an hour past the time it was scheduled to be on TV. So when it TiVo ran out with 10:06 left in the second OT, I was bummed. So I had to switch over to ESPN News and catch the highlights. Glad the Pens won, because I also want the series to go seven games.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home