Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ugh...the Penguins didn't do so good yesterday. The Red Wings now lead the series 3-1. It would be a bit of a miracle if Pittsburgh managed to pull themselves up out of the whole they've fallen into. Detroit is shutting Sidney Crosby down, and Evgeni Malkin, who has played really well up until now, has not a single point in the match-up against Detroit. I still wish the Penguins well. Hopefully, they can at least pull of one more win to make the series go longer.

Today was errand day. Washed clothes, paid bills, blah blah. My only day off this week. Lots of fetch for Wally. I also had a chance to sit down this afternoon and watch the DVD of The Kite Runner. I read the book back in February, and though I generally am very disappointed by adaptations, I was incredibly impressed with this one. I really, really loved this book and I went into watching it with low expectations. I was happily surprised. If you've read the book but have been avoiding the film, or have been living in a cave like me and actually haven't seen the film yet, I give it a big thumbs up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I loved the book and movie too. Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns? It was also very good. I have been reading the Twilight books- mainly cause Jo wanted too. They are really very good. If you ever read any Ann Rice you'd like them. We are anxious for the Twilight movie.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I've been wanting to read that book for awhile so I can watch the movie. I've just barely been reading at all lately.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I ended up liking the book, though I despised the main character for most of it, but I have no desire to see some of the more tragic parts set out on screen

And I also mostly liked A Thousand Splendid Suns, but all the abuse heaped on the women got very old, very fast . . .

Which may explain why I am on my "reading happy books" phase - long live King Dork. Frank Portman has another book coming out in the fall.

3:00 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - the new Sedaris comes out tomorrow! (6/4)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home