Tuesday, June 03, 2008

If I wasn't so self conscious, I would take a video of myself doing a happy dance and post it here. Obama has won the nomination! Yay! Does this mean Hillary will go away forever and shut her mouth? (happy dance, happy dance!) I'm terribly out of touch with the news and I tend to only read headlines, plus I don't really understand politics. Does this mean he definitely IS the candidate? And has he chosen a running mate? And for the love of god...when will this stupid election be over? It feels like it's been going on for 8 years. Oh, wait...that's just how long I've been waiting for GWB to get out of office.

I'm out of Netflix videos (I'm so bad about walking out to the post box to mail them) so I went to Blockbuster to rent some DVDs. The BluRay corner is still quite small so not the best selection. But damnit, I paid for HD and I want to watch HD! I rented a movie I really had no interest in seeing called Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I don't know why I was so surprised because I don't think I've ever been disappointed by Cheadle and I didn't think Sandler did such a bad job with Spanglish in a more dramatic role. The film is about Alan Johnson (Cheadle), a high end dentist in Manhattan who enexpectedly runs into his old college room mate, Charlie Fineman (Sandler). Charlie has gone off the deep end - his entire family (wife and three daughters) were on one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center on 9/11. At first, he doesn't remember who Johnson is. It then becomes clear that Charlie "doesn't remember" what happened to his family. The two reconnect in a healing friendship for both of them. I really recommend this if you like dramatic films. It's got Sandler in it, so it has its lighter moments, but it was really enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I'm pretty sure the only real benefit you currently get from Blu Ray is with games . . .

Plus, the flick has Eddie Vedder doing a cover of Love Reign O'er Me

And OBAMA '08!!!!!!!!

8:21 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Yea Obama!!!!!

I sincerely hope he doesn't choose Hilary as a running mate. I think she'd be a liability. Republicans will cross party lines for Barak, but they won't cross if she's on the ticket.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home