Saturday, December 15, 2007

With the usual two week holiday break coming up for the entertainment industry, nearly all scripted television shows have stopped production. I just read there are only two shows still shooting, and my old show just shut down this week. The daily cache of shows on my Tivo gets smaller and smaller with every passing day. I must admit, I already miss my TV. It looks lonely, sitting on its stand, dark and cold from having not been watched for days. Its screen is dusty and I believe it looks sad. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Here's hoping the writers are able to reach an agreement early in the New Year so I'll have more glorious new episodes to watch, especially Lost and 24.

It's a busy but boring weekend. My women's team played their last season of the calendar year last night. We won. I believe the final score was 7-2. For the second time this season, I had a player from the opposing team take a total dive on me. I was reaching around her with my stick (playing the puck) when she decided to drop all of her (considerable) weight on my hand/stick, throw off both her gloves, and make a gutteral sound to imply she'd been tripped or shoved. It was some of the worst acting I've seen, and I worked on a show with Jon Bon Jovi. I looked up at the ref with a look that said, "Come on, you're not seriously going to call that?" He didn't. I wish he would have called a diving penalty, though.

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

If you're looking for new episodes of 24, there's a bigger obstacle than the strike to overcome!

Your old show continues to entertain the hell out of me. Sorry.

6:47 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Which bigger obstacle do you speak of, LA?

6:50 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Keifer Sutherland being in jail until February.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

So I take it you didn't TIVO the Ellery Queen marathon I watched last night?

9:29 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

LA - You're right - the strike is probably actually helping that show out right now, though I'm sure they have several episodes in the can this point.

Diane - Um...no.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home