Friday, December 14, 2007

I read on the net the other day that Pierce Brosnan is being sued by a photographer (read "paparazzi") for pushing him in a Malibu parking lot in October. The photographer, who was following Brosnan and shooting photos the time, said he "was not invading the actor's privacy," and that Brosnan "suddenly and without provocation" (yeah, right) shoved him in the chest. My favorite part is where the photographer says that the shove caused him "severe physical and emotional pain and injuries, including bruised ribs." I get so tired of these photographers completely invading the privacy of celebrities, and then crying like little girls any time any of the subjects of the photograph get upset and strike back. I can't imagine what it would be like to have people following me around all the time taking photos and lurking in the bushes. It's hard to know, since I wasn't there, but I highly doubt Brosnan's shove was sudden OR without warning. The paparazzi need to man up. If your job is to invade the privacy of others and annoy the living shit out of them, you should not be surprised by the consequences.

In other entertainment news, it looks like one of my new shows is going away. Though NBC's freshman show Journeyman was able to complete all 13 of its order for the season, the network passed on the deadline to give the show a full season pick up. So while it hasn't "officially" been canceled, it's highly unlikely the show will return. I really liked this show and thought the time travel story was really starting to open up. Unfortunately, the show last posted a 1.7 rating/8 share. If you missed it and wanted to watch the series, you can still view episodes online at NBC.com.

In other time travel-ish news, BBC America's Life On Mars has finally returned for another season. The show follows the life of Sam Tyler, a police detective who gets hit by a car and put into a coma. When he finally wakes up he's still Sam Tyler, he's still a detective...but it's 1973, and he can't figure what's happened. Is he dead? Still in a coma? Or something else. Check it out if you haven't watched it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I saw Life on Mars this week! Still good . . .

Yeah, I'm with you and Pierce

6:14 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Strike aside, my new shows this season haven't suffered any cancellations yet. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm ever going to see them again. *sigh*

I've been getting Best of SNL DVDs on Netflix lately. I've watched the Alec Baldwin and Christopher Walken ones in the last couple weeks. Right now, I've got Steve Martin waiting for me.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home